What it’s about
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Head of Marketing will be responsible to work within the regional strategic priorities and growth strategies, to develop and implement marketing strategy for the region to enable the delivery of challenging targets in existing and new markets for a diverse range of customers.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for:
● Lead the development, management and delivery of marketing strategy and activities for East Asia in line with Cambridge English's regional strategy and global marketing plan. Work very closely with the sales team to deliver very challenging revenue targets;
● As part of the regional and global digital marketing team, develop and implement a digital marketing strategy for East Asia, with the objectives of trebling the traffic to the Cambridge English regional websites and social media pages in 18 / 19 and reaching 2million plus customers in the region within 19/20. Plan and coordinate digital media marketing and market research across the region;
● Manage the annual marketing budget efficiently. Set targets and effective KPIs for and evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns and budget - making full use of CRM systems to improve effectiveness of marketing and providing sufficient reporting to inform Regional Director's decision making;
● Proactively manage branding within the region. Ensure the consistent application of the brand to increase profile in the region while protecting the reputation of Cambridge English;
● Be responsible for market research and PR for the region and the development and production of local materials, advertising pieces and articles for press releases;
● Work closely with the digital product team to support new product development from marketing perspective;
● Develop strong effective relationships with key stakeholders.
What we're looking for
● Educated to degree level, postgraduate qualification in marketing;
● Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (at least C1 in both);
● Project management and organisational skills strong marketing skills and digital skills;
● Substantial experience of marketing in China preferably in an education context; experience of implementing multimedia marketing campaigns some understanding of English language learning / teaching or assessment market;
● Collaborative management style coupled with determination and tenacity, ability to network and develop strong, effective working relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk),
a not - for - profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5.5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th Jul 2018 and interviews will be held on 24th Jul 2018.
Please email your covering letter and CV to
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited